The Santa Maria River Riparian Habitat Enhancement Project, completed in 2008, consisted of planting willows along sections of the levee vulnerable to river erosion, thus helping to protect the levee while creating valuable riparian habitat. Grant funding for the project came from part of the UNOCAL Guadalupe settlement.
- Cachuma Resource Conservation District
- Santa Barbara County Flood Control District
- California Conservation Corps
With Assistance From
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- California Department of Fish and Game
- California Coastal Conservancy